Tips for formatting your post
It is highly recommended that you properly format your post before submitting it. To create your content on Steemit you can either use the "Editor" or "Markdown" mode. The following is a brief summary of some of the most common formatting commands available in Steemit Submit a Story Markdown window.
These tips derived from tutoring sessions with @razvanelul as well as this GitHub's Markdown Cheat Sheet. In addition, You can also use HTML tags if you are not using the Markdown Editor.
Large Text (Header)
To create large text, use an # , or by using the <h1> tag
The more ##### you use the SMALLER the text will appear.
Make sure to leave a space between the # and the word you want to enlarge.
- Largest is # word, or <h1> word </h1>
- Smallest is ###### word, or <h6> word </h6>
To make a word appear in bold font, use ** before and after the word.
You do NOT need to leave spaces between the ** and the word.
You can also use the <b> tag.
- word : **word**
- word : <b> word </b>
To make a word appear in italics use a single * on each side of the word.
You do NOT need to leave spaces between the * and the word.
You can also use the <em> tag.
- word : *word*
- word : <em>word</em>
To link a website to a word or phrase in your post, use [ ] and ( ).
The text goes in the [ ] and the link goes in the ( )
- [word or phrase](website.com)
If you are not using the markdown editor, you can also create a link this way
- <a href="https://website.com">name of website</a>
To justify a text use:
- <div class="text-justify"> Text </div>
To include a picture, paste the address of the image into your post.
See more on the article Including images in your posts.
Video & Media
The most basic way to include a video is to paste the link into your post. Another way is to include an embedded HTML (
iframe). Only YouTube, Vimeo, and SoundCloud (embed only) are supported.
Center Pictures, Videos, or Text
To center the picture use <center> and </center>
To center text use <center> and </center>
- <center> word </center>
To center a video use <center> and </center>
- <center> videolink </center>
To create small spaces above and below the picture, use <br>
To create a new line without new paragraph you need to put at least 2 spaces at the end of each line.
To make it appear that a picture has a caption, use the break feature, center feature and the italics feature. (Special thanks to @razvanelul for this cool idea)
All you need to do is put 4 spaces before the text you want to make into a slider.
- @razvanelulmarin Retrieved in July 26th, 2017
- Markdown Cheat Sheet Written by Adam Pritchard in GitHub, retrieved in July 26th, 2017
- Shortcut to move-able sliding text banner on steemit Written by Chron (@chron) in Steemit in July 26th, 2017
- Steemit : https://steemit.com
- Steemithelp.net : https://www.steemithelp.net
- @steemitguide : Steemit Markdown Tutorials for Beginners: A Compilation of my written Guides to Help you Edit your Posts via Raw Editor like a Pro; Markdown & HTML Codes. January 2017
- @xeldal : How to Liven up your Steem Posts with Markdown. April 2016
- @cryptogee : Format Your Steemit Articles And Gain Steem Power! May 2016
- @gainingsteem : The Definitive Steemit.com Writing Guide – The Basics Of Posting. July 2016
- @minion : Professional Tutorial for Post Formatting, both for Beginners and Advanced users. August 2016
- @senseiteekay : Tips for Posting on Steemit (Updated). August 2016
- @blueorgy : Steemit Emoji Master List. September 2016
- @future24 : Tutorial: How to publish an article at Steemit? Quick and easy guide! (English/German). October 2016
- @ervin-lemark : How Can You Left Or Right Align Parts Of Your Steemit Article, Images Included? October 2016
- @inertia : Soundcloud Tip: Thumbnails. October, 2016
- @smysullivan : Markdown Formatting, a Minnows Tale! January 2017
- @sidwrites : 3 Simple Formatting Tricks For Your Next Steemit Post May 2017
- @scrooger : Pimp your post with this simple Cheat Sheet! Just copy and paste! June 13th, 2017
- Frot Design : A bunch of stuff about Steemit Written by unsigned, published in 10/27/2016
In other languages
- 繁體中文 (Chinese, Traditional) : 為帖文加上格式
- 简体中文 (Chinese, Simplified) : 为帖文加上格式
- Galego : Cómo formatear un texto co Markdown
- 日本語 (Japanese): 投稿の書式設定のヒント
| Help keep this wiki page updated. Register, click in edit, add or modify the text and save. |
If you're already a steemian you can be rewarded with steem, see how in @steemcenterwiki.