A post is a piece of writing, image, or other item of content published. Steemit is an open platform meant to host and welcome any legal content. Users can post anything they want, whether it be phrases, quotes, blogs, anecdotes, photos, videos, memes, gifs, songs, and more.
Accordingly the Steemit FAQ, steemians are allowed to post almost as often as you like. Currently, posts must be spaced 5 minutes apart. However, the community may not find value in users that are posting too frequently. They recommend to keep in mind what the audience will be interested in viewing, so that you do not overwhelm followers with too much content.
Post sizes are limited to about 64,000 characters including formatting. This is ample for most posts. If writing blogs, consider how much people are willing to read at one time. If you make your posts too long, readers may lose interest which may affect the amount of upvotes and rewards you receive.
The Steem blockchain will always contain the full edit history of posts and comments, so it can never be completely deleted. If you would like to update a post so that users cannot see the content via Steemit.com, you can edit the post and replace it with blank content for as long as the post is active. After seven days, the post can no longer be edited.
- Steemit FAQ : What can users post to Steemit? Retrieved in October 31st, 2017
- Steemit FAQ : How often can I post? Retrieved in October 31st, 2017
- Steemit FAQ : How long can my post be? Retrieved in October 31st, 2017
- Steemit FAQ : Can I delete something I post? Retrieved in October 31st, 2017
- Steemit : https://steemit.com
- Steemit FAQ : Posting Retrieved in October 31st, 2017
- @rok-sivante : The Top 10 MUST-Read Posts To Supercharge Your Steemit Experience June 24th, 2016
- @schattenjaeger : Steemit How To: Making a Post - A Comprehensive Guide July 3, 2017
- @shayne : Remember That Time When My STEEM POWER and POST COUNT Were THE SAME?!!??!!?! June 22, 2017
- @edolo : The Ultimate list of BLOG POST IDEAS - For steemit + your blog August 8, 2017
- @sndbox : Steemit How To: Making a Post - A Comprehensive Guide August 8, 2017
- @robertoueti : Advanced Level: STEEMIT - Oscillations in the posts payout August 8, 2017
- @rycharde : What is a Post? The Evolution of Steemit November 12, 2017
- @renandossantos : My commitment to all my Steemit followers February 25, 2018
In other languages
| Help keep this wiki page updated. Register, click in edit, add or modify the text and save. |
If you're already a steemian you can be rewarded with STEEM, see how in @steemcenterwiki.