As noticed by steemian Asger Follmann (@initforthemoney), if you’ve been on Steemit for more than a few days, you’ve probably encountered some of the voting bots out there. Asger also described roughly how it works: 1) You send X amount of Steem Dollar (SBD) to some robot account. 2) In the memo field, you write the URL of a post or comment and 3) The post or comment gets an upvote and a comment from the voting bot.
In October 5th, 2017, the steemian Yabapmatt lauched the site Steem Upvote Bot Tracker - https://steembottracker.com/ - that it tracks the status of 5 popular bid-based voting bots and highlights ones which are currently under-bid and nearing the end of the bidding cycle. It also suggests the max amount to bid in order to remain profitable. After using the tool to got a list of all bid bots, the Steem witness The Marky Mark (@themarkymark) found how much STEEM Power (SP) was tied up in Bid Bots: 11.111% in June 28th, 2018.
There is a list of the Steemit upvotes bots. They are not in a precise order and some bots are not in the list, please complete it.
List of Steemit upvotes bots
- Bellyrub: https://steemit.com/@bellyrub
A bot similar of @booster, 2.4 hr bidding rounds, no minimum bid, it have 152,206 SP, no refunds. Created by @zeartul and launched in July 15th, 2017
- Booster: https://steemit.com/@booster
A bot that just like @randowhale you send X amounts of Steem Dollar (SBD) to @booster - whatever amount you want, it is completely up to you. What will happen next is when the timer runs out every 2.4 hours, it will upvote everyone in that time-window with a 100% upvote divided among the bidders and give a stake-based % on amounts received from you. Created by @fyrstikken and @inertia and launched in July 1st, 2017
- Discordia: https://steemit.com/@discordia
A bot that anybody can use to request votes on posts, similar of @booster ,2.4 hr bidding rounds, minimum bid is 0.1 SBD, it have 29,578 SP, no refunds. Created by @ausbitbank and launched in July 10th, 2017
- Siditech: https://steemit.com/@siditech
A voting bot similar to @booster, Send at least 0.1 SBD to @siditech to participate in bid and get upvote of 0%-100% with full voting power. Each round is: 2.4. His voting weight increases on a weekly basis. The bot also distributes funny bananas! It was created by @sidibeat.
- SmartSteem : https://smartsteem.com
@smartsteem : https://steemit.com/@smartsteem
Founded by @therealwolf and ArtBunny (@artbunny) and launched in December 14, 2017
- Bionic Binkley : https://steemit.com/@binkley
He checks if your post is a quality post. Since July 2017.
- DrOtto Bot : https://steemit.com/radiator/@inertia/dr-otto-vote-bidding-bot
The DrOtto Bot is a voting bot that accepts payments for votes. It was created by @inertia and launched in June 30th, 2017.
- Feed Your Minnows Bot : https://steemit.com/@feedyourminnows
Minnow upvote bot created by Scrooger (@scrooger) and launched in August 30th, 2017.
- I am Groot: : https://steemit.com/@iamgrootbot
You send 0.005 SBD and you get an upvote. Since July 2017
- Lottobot: : https://steemit.com/@lottobot
For 0.1 SBD or STEEM, you can enter a post in the bot's lottery! Every 2.5 hours (approximately) the bot will randomly choose a post from the pool of entrants to win a 100% upvote. Created by Erik Letson (@hmagellan) and announced in August 23rd, 2017
- Minnow Support Project: https://steemit.com/@minnowsupport
A cyborg controlled by a "bot" in Discord that has the posting key to @minnowsupport and can accept user commands to upvote posts. Created by Aggroed (@aggroed), AusBitBank (@ausbitbank), TeamSteem (@teamsteem), Nolan (@theprophet0), and Chris (@someguy123) and launched in July 2017
- MinnowBooster: : https://steemit.com/@minnowbooster
You spend an amount and you get 1x-2x return on investment. Since June 2017.
- Random Whale Vote: https://steemit.com/@randowhale
A bot that gives a random 0.5-2.5% upvote by receiving STEEM Tokens payments. Notice that there is no "m" in the username. Created by unknown and launched on June 7th, 2017. The service was ended on Novenber 11th, 2017.
- Morwhale: https://steemit.com/@morwhale
Get Upvotes and Resteems to Your Posts @morwhale and his team at a time. Just send at last 0.01 to @morwhale with a link to your post in the memo . Created by @hdmed and launched in Sept 2017
- Voting Bots – a full overview (part I) Written by Asger Follmann (@initforthemoney) on Steemit in September 13th, 2017
- Introducing the Steem Upvote Bot Tracker! Written by Yabapmatt (@yabapmatt) on Steemit in October 5th, 2017
- How much SP is tied up in Bid Bots? Written by The Marky Mark (@themarkymark) on Steemit in June 28th, 2018
- Steemit : https://steemit.com
- Steem That : https://steemthat.com/all-bots-stats-live/ List of upvotes bots in real time with informations, retrieved in September 14, 2017
- Steem Upvote Bot Tracker : http://www.steembottracker.com Retrieved in October 5, 2017
- @xeroc : Upvote bot in less than 10 lines of code May 30, 2016
- @fyrstikken : Is this the Best Upvote Bot on Steemit? - Get started in 3 easy steps & Download the ZIP-File! December 21, 2016
- @gaman : 2017 Updated Guide on How to Make Your Own Steem Upvoting Bot July 4, 2017
- @heimindanger : Don't use vote-selling bots: use @promoted instead. A bot that upvotes you when you burn money! July 9, 2017
- @flauwy : Steemy, the Daily Steemit Show - EP. 08: Upvote Bots Explained - Minnowbooster Video on DTube, August 31, 2017
- @initforthemoney : Voting Bots – a full overview (part II) September 14, 2017
- @zeartul : Bellyrub ROI Tool come have a look! September 24, 2017
- @yabapmatt : What is the best time of the day / week to use upvote bots? September 30, 2017
- @acidyo : Manual Curation vs Automatic Curation October 24, 2017
- @ethandsmith : How to Create Your Own Curation Trail Bot (Part 1- Background) November 3, 2017
- @andyluy : The Randowhale's DEATH... And how do I feel about upvotes services November 12, 2017
- @fknmayhem : Rethinking The Position of Upvote Bots in the Steem Ecosystem (without SMTs) November 13, 2017
- @webcoop : Don't bid on a losing bid bots!!! November 16, 2017
- @liberosist : A review of vote buying November 18, 2017
- @inquiringtimes : What is appropriate use of upvote bots? A survey. February 20, 2018
- @spiritualmax : My Bot vs No Bot Experience: The Conclusions March 6, 2018
- @yabapmatt : Community Bot - A Voting Bot for Steem Communities March 8, 2018
- @zthomas : Steemit Enterprise Ad Platform: A solution to vote bot abuse March 12, 2018
- @yabapmatt : Steem Bot Tracker - Major Code Refactor March 22, 2018
- @sykochica : Steem Experience Hangout: Let's Talk about Paid Voting Bots.. March 23, 2018
- @paulag : Analysis of Steemit Bidbot Business - Steemit Business Intelligence March 25, 2018
- @greer184 : Botland April 2, 2018
- @phgnomo : Are bid-bots profitable? My statistics April 11, 2018
- @schattenjaeger : An Objective Look at Vote Buying Bots and Some Other Steemit Stuff May 30, 2018
- @fyrstikken : BidBots - They do not drain the Steem rewardpool! June 2, 2018
- @slobberchops : No more Bid-Bots for me, I’m Reputation (55), Target Achieved! June 6, 2018
- @exyle : Vlog 318: Voting bots or promotional services have their place on the blockchain for now. June 6, 2018
- Coin Puppet YouTube Channel : Steemit Upvote Bot Explained: @Randowhale Video by @flauwy published in 8/28/2017
- Black Hat World : Need Service - For Steemit mass account creator and mass upvote bot Written by MaFia Style, published in 8/10/2016
In other languages
| Help keep this wiki page updated. Register, click in edit, add or modify the text and save. |
If you're already a steemian you can be rewarded with STEEM, see how in @steemcenterwiki.