Steemdata was created by the user @furion. It hosts a public access MongoDB database with steem blockchain data that is updated constantly. Data from the blockchain is processed before being stored in steemdata collections, thus no raw blockchain data is stored.
SteemData is a very useful tool, however it does require you to have at least some familiarity with MongoDB. Using MongoDB is fairly easy, but it does add a small barrier to entry for some users. In March 2017 Furion announced the SteemData WebAPI that allow developers enrich their apps with just a simple query.
Currently the collections available are:
- Accounts contains Steem Accounts and their: - account info / profile - balances - vesting routes - open conversion requests - voting history on posts - a list of followers and followings - witness votes - curation stats
- Here you can find all top-level posts, with full-text search support for content bodies.
- Operations contains all the events that happened on the blockchain so far. You can query for operations in individual blocks, or by time, operation type (comment, transfer, vote...) or arbitrary properties.
- Same as operations, but with account ownership attached for easy querying.
- Snapshots of Bitcoin, STEEM, SBD and USD implied prices.
Documentation to use this service can be found here. Since this a mongodb database, it can be used with any language that can connect to mongodb.
Besides the public acces database, the author has created other services around this system:
- This web page shows charts with updated information about steemit and general indicators. The source code is very valuable since it can help understand how to use steemdata's service.
- Notify is a service that sends email and telegram messages when certain actions are detected. Steemit lacks basic notifications at the moment (July 2017), so this service seems useful.
- Mentions app searches for the mentions a user or a phrase has in the last 90 days.
- Post history app shows the different editions that has been made to a post.
- Introducing SteemData - A Database Layer for STEEM Written by Furion in Steemit in January 2017
- Introducing SteemData WebAPI Written by Furion in Steemit in March 2017
- SteemData is shutting down on May 1st written by @furion in April 2018
- SteemData source code on GitHub, retrieved in May 2018
- SteemData : https://steemdata.com
- GitHub : https://github.com/SteemData
- @furion : Roadmap for SteemData 2.0 ∙ Crowdfunding January 2017
- @furion : Would you like to see whats up with STEEM? February 2017
- @furion : SteemData 1.2 is here ∙ Raised $5,120 of $5,000 ∙ Now on GitHub February 2017
- @inertia : SteemData Ruby Wrapper February 2017
- @furion : This app shows you edit history for any post February 2017
- @furion : Getting started with SteemData March 1st, 2017
- @eroche : Regular STEEM March 2017
- @furion : What is happening to SteemData? April 2017
- @furion : SteemData meets sbds - SQL Users Rejoice May 2017
- @furion : Steem User Engagement is up over 300% May 2017
- @herman2141 : I have been receiving a fair amount of complaints about SteemData state falling behind. August 4th, 2017
- @furion : furion's new toy: A full RPC steemd node for SteemData September 26th, 2017
- @furion: SteemData is shutting down on May 1st April 2018
- Furion channel on Vimeo : SteemData Demo Video tutorial by Furion @furion published in March 1st, 2017. With 343 views in 8/4/2017.
In other languages
- Galego: SteemData
- 繁體中文 (Chinese, Traditional) : Steem.center(繁)
- 简体中文 (Chinese, Simplified) : Steem.center(简)
- 日本語 (Japanese): Steem.center (jp)
- Include other languages versions if available