When you are paid on the website Steemit, you can choose to be paid 50% in STEEM Power and 50% in STEEM Dollars, or 100% in steem power. Here's an example of a 50/50 payout: If you earn $200 on a post, you will get $100 STEEM Dollars, and 50 STEEM Power (assuming STEEM Power is worth $2 each, at the current time).
VESTS (Steem Power)
They are non-liquid, thus must be "powered down" before being able to trade them. Powering down Steem Power (VESTS) takes 3 months, and is paid out as 13 weekly payments. The power down rate will stay the same if you earn more STEEM Power while powering down, thus it's recommended to re-power down after earning a large amount of fresh STEEM Power.
STEEM Power gains interest over time, and usually gains interest faster than the power down rate, thus you will still be earning interest while powering down.
Read more: STEEM Power (SP)
SBD (Steem Dollars)
Steem dollars are a currency which is pegged to the US Dollar. They can be converted on Steemit into STEEM Power (powering up), or into STEEM (easily tradable on various exchanges).
Read more: Steem Dollar (SBD)
- Steemit : https://steemit.com
- Steem.io : https://steem.io
- Steemithelp.net : Basic concepts in the Steemit ecosystem Retrieved in March, 8, 2017.
- @lukestokes : The Currency of Steemit Isn't Steem Power, STEEM, or SBD July 22nd, 2016
- @thecryptofiend : The Missing FAQ - A Beginners Guide To Using Steemit September 2016
- @charles.ponzi : Understanding the economic engine that Steem, Steem Dollars, and Steem Power is composed of in <12 min February 2017.
- @transhuman : Steem Is Smartmoney... Let's Change The Narrative To How It Should Be March 2017.
- @steemitguide : Steemit Financial Instruments: Steem, Steem Power & Steem Dollar Explained May 20th, 2017.
- @sykochica : Answering common questions - Steem - Steem Power - Steem Dollars and what should I do with them May 2017
- @somethingsubtle : Steem, Steem Power and Dollars - A Metaphor July 1st, 2017.
- @digicrypt : Launching the First Steemit Crypto Investment Report! July 5th, 2017.
- @steemloverr : Three Currencies in Steemit ( STEEM, STEEM POWER, SBD) July 22nd, 2017.
- @penguinpablo : Charts: How much STEEM is being transferred from and to the exchanges? August 9th, 2017
- @cryptoctopus : Why STEEM is different and why I'm ALL-IN September 3th, 2017
- @heiditravels : Learning Crypto: What's the Difference Between Cryptocurrencies and Tokens? November 10th, 2017
- How to transfer STEEM between Steem account to Exchanges
- Increase your Steem Net Worth
- Steem Exchanges
- Steem Wallets
- Mycryptopedia : What is STEEM? Written by unsigned, retrieved in 11/16/2017
- Hacked : Steem: Long-Term Potential Worth the Risk? Written by Alex Moskov, published in 11/26/2017
- Suppoman Udemy YouTube Channel : New Steemit? Is this the next big crypto? Video tutorial by Suppoman, published in 9/8/2017. 19.709 views in 9/11/2017
- Conpay Blog : Conpay terminals started to accept tokens of social network platforms steemit and golos.io Written by conpay, published in 8/31/2017
- Craig Grant : Dan Larimer talks about STEEM blockchain and Steemit Edition of the video interview with Dan Larimer hosted by Alex Sterk. Edited (only parts about Steemit) by Craig Grant (@craig-grant) and published in 5/18/2017
- Boxmining YouTube Channel : STEEM Explained: STEEM, STEEM Power and SBD Video tutorial by @boxmining, published in 5/8/2017
- Andrew Levine YouTube Channel : Steemit 101 - Steem, Steem Dollars, and Steem Power Video by Andrew Levine, published in 7/15/2016
- CoinDesk : Steemit Bridges Blockchain and Social Media, But How Does It Work? Written by Jacob Donnelly (@jaycodon), published in 8/13/2016
In other languages
- 繁體中文 (Chinese, Traditional) : STEEM代幣
- 简体中文 (Chinese, Simplified) : STEEM代币
- Español : Criptomonedas STEEM
- Français : Jetons Steem
- Galego : Tokens STEEM
- Italiano : Criptovalute STEEM
- 日本語 (Japanese): STEEMトークン
| Help keep this wiki page updated. Register, click in edit, add or modify the text and save. |
If you're already a steemian you can be rewarded with steem, see how in @steemcenterwiki.