STEEM Power (SP)
STEEM Power is what gives you influence on Steemit. The more SP you have, the more money you give to authors with an upvote as well as the greater the curation rewards you can earn. There is a very small 'interest' rate earned by holding STEEM Power.
Converting STEEM to SP is called powering up. This can be done by clicking the down arrow next to the STEEM in your wallet and selecting power up. 1 STEEM = 1 Steem Power when powered up.
To unlock SP and convert all or parts of it back to STEEM you have to start a "Power Down" process which moves 1/13th of the STEEM Power you want to power down back into Steem (which is spendable) per week over 13 weeks. So for example, if you have 1300 STEEM Power and power down all of it, you will have 100 Steem per week unlocked into something you can spend, trade, transfer or withdraw.
STEEM Power can also be delegated to other users. Delegated SP increases the influence of the receiving user to the same level as if he owned the STEEM Power himself. However, the delegator remains in full control of the delegated SP and can take back a delegation at any time. Delegated SP cannot be powered down, neither by the delegator nor by the receiver. When SP is undelegated, it immediately reduces the influence of the former receiving user, but takes 7 days until the SP is available again to the delegator.
- Steemit FAQ: What is the difference between STEEM, STEEM Power, and Steem Dollars? Retrieved in August 22nd, 2017
- Steemit : https://www.steemit.com
- @donkeypong : Still Confused by Steem, Steem Dollars, and Steem Power? The Power Plant Analogy September 7, 2016
- @sigmajin : Understanding the Steem Economic System Vests, SBD, Steem, Dilution interest and all those crazy things August 2016
- @dimimp : PLEASE HELP - addicted to STEEM - I put my life savings into STEEM before making my first post ~ I only have 1 question November 2016
- @rmach : Want Steem Power? Relax, you'll be fine. January 2017
- @me-tarzan : Tuesday's >>>> Daily STEEM Power downs <><> I have added an average line on the chart March 2017
- @investors : STEEM Top 1000 all-time Investors March 2017
- @michiel : I am very bullish on Steem right now, just powered up to double SP, here is why. June 2017
- @sykochica : Answering Common Questions: Steem, Steem Power, Steem Dollars and What Should I do with them? June 2017
- @firepower : 3 Excellent Reasons for HODLing Steem as Steem Power! June 6, 2017
- @kevinwong : Why Should You Consider Accumulating Steem Power? June 6, 2017
- @allasyummyfood : 9. Video Tutorial ( What is Steem Power & Curation Rewards) June 27, 2017
- @cryptoctopus : Cashflow or capital investment? What is the true value of Steempower? July 3, 2017
- @tipu : STEEM POWER Naming Change Proposal - So the newcomers can instantly get the idea August 31, 2017
- @stackin : Does STEEM Power Matters? Only If You Want To Become A Boss! Let's Me Explain... September 6, 2017
- @flauwy : 10 Amazing Reasons to Invest into Steem Power for Entrepreneurs September 9, 2017
- @sndbox : How to Convert SBD to Steem Power - A Visual Guide to Powering Up October 10, 2017
- @phgnomo : Steem Economy Guide - Part 1 February 22, 2018
- @davidpakman : How-To/Walkthrough/Tutorial: Power Up SBD to STEEM POWER February 23, 2018
- @quantalysus : If Steem were a country, it would be the most unequal society in the world May 4, 2018
- Increase Your Steem Net Worth
- Reputation System
- Steem Dollar (SBD)
- Steem Exchanges
- STEEM Tokens
- Steem Wallets
- Forbes : Comparing Bitcoin and Other Cryptocurrencies by 'Market Cap' Can Be Very Misleading Written by Kyle Torpey (@kyletorpey), published in 12/29/2017
- Boxmining YouTube Channel : STEEM Explained: STEEM, STEEM Power and SBD Video tutorial by @boxmining, published in 5/8/2017
- Cryptocompare : How to Earn Steem? Written by unsigned, published in 4/20/2017
- 99 Bitcoins : Making Money with Steemit (Steem Dollars and Steem Power explained) Written by Ofir Beigel, published in 10/14/2016
- Andrew Levine YouTube Channel : Steemit 101 - Steem, Steem Dollars, and Steem Power Video tutorial by Andrew Levine @andrarchy, published in 7/15/2016
In other languages
| Help keep this wiki page updated. Register, click in edit, add or modify the text and save. |
If you're already a steemian you can be rewarded with steem, see how in @steemcenterwiki.