Reward Beneficiaries, also called as Reward Splitting, is a feature introduced with Hard Fork 18 . It allows authors to distribute parts of the author reward share to other accounts. Up to 8 beneficiaries can be added with the
comment_options operation to posts or comments. Beneficiary rewards are always payed out as 100% SteemPower, regardless of the payout option chosen by the user. The share of the beneficiaries is deducted from the author part of the total post rewards. Currently, beneficiary settings of posts or comments are not visible on steemit.com and most of the third party apps. However, the beneficiary settings can be seen on Steemd.
Reward beneficiaries can be added to a post or comment immediately with its creation or at any time later as long as the post or comment has not been voted on and does not have child comments. Beneficiaries can only be set once per post or comment. They can not be edited or removed.
- Github : Comment Reward Beneficiaries Retrieved on February 12, 2018
- @heimindanger : Split the rewards of your posts with other beneficiaries | Only on SteemWhales.com June 3, 2017
- @steeminator3000 : Why systems working with Beneficiary rewards are Beneficial in Long Run ? December 13, 2017
- @rmb : Suggestion: Steemit payout should include rewards to beneficiaries December 15, 2017
- @utopian-io : Beneficiary System Started! Liquid Passive STEEM Profits | 7K Accepted Contributions | 223K Rewards Generated December 21, 2017
| Help keep this wiki page updated. Register, click in edit, add or modify the text and save. |
If you're already a steemian you can be rewarded with STEEM, see how in @steemcenterwiki.