NSFW = Not Safe For Work
An acronym used to describe internet content that would be deemed unsuitable for the typical work-place.
It is used to tag/categorise posts that contain nudity, profanity or sexual content. This allows the viewer to decide whether they wish to see the content before clicking on it.
Until december 2016 the Steemit site had some issues that annoyed both family/kids oriented viewers and adult content producers. Some steemians proposed self-regulations and workarounds when the #introduceyourself post from pornstar Alexa Nova appeared in the trending page, one month before the issues solution.
In the beggining a mexican playmate, Brenda , was successful rewarded. The same didn't happen with the @steemporn account. Others, like the photographer and erotic artist Nico (@nspart), continue publishing NSFW posts beside not so explicit content on Steemit.
- Not safe for work Wikipedia, retrieved in 4/25/2017
- Introducing Myself - Alexa Nova Written by Alexa Nova (@alexanova) in Steemit in December 2016
- Hi! I am the first Playmate with more than a million followers to blog on Steemit! Written by Brenda Zambrano (@brendazambrano) in Steemit in August 2016
- Introducing myself, how I found Steemit, why I'm here and my work/Art..., Written by Nico (@nspart) in Steemit in December 2016
- Steemit #nsfw : https://steemit.com/created/nsfw
- @steemporn : https://steemit.com/@steemporn
- @dporn : https://steemit.com/@dporn Retrieved in July 27, 2019
- @arhag : Explicit (NSFW) standard May 2016
- @sonarous : Community Proposal- For NSFW Posts May 2016
- @someguy123 : UnderSteem - Steemit without censorship (NSFW filter removed) (via TOR) September 2016
- @relativelyboston : Time for a (real) NSFW tag November 2016
- @thecryptofiend : Temporary Workaround for Porn/NSFW content and Suggested Community Guidelines December 2016
- @mattclarke : Abit of perspective on our NSFW controversy (SFW post) December 2016
- @timcliff : Steemit.com Release Deployed - NSFW Issue Resolved and More! December 21, 2016
- @tommycordero: NSFW FILTER! New feature on Steemit :D January 2017
- @sexonthebitch: Why I believe sex is an art June 20, 2017
- @patelincho: Whaleshares and the people in it ! Meet NSPART @nspart ! July 4, 2017
- @jockey: The NSFW Issue That May Ban Steemit In Indonesia - What Can We Do? July 25, 2017
- @sebcamtv: Love life of a porn actor - Funny Steemit Documentary with SebCam & Sasha Rose August 22, 2017
- @klye: KLYE's NSFW Degenerate Drawing Contest - Volume #1 August 31, 2017
- @sebcam: WOW! Pornstar turns Steemit Evangelist | VERIFICATION | Rave Girls & SebCamTV September 21, 2017
- @lovejuice: Promoting erotic fiction: Hiring erotic fiction writers at 5SBD/post. September 24, 2017
- @fknmayhem: Vice.org, Revolutionizing the Online Adult Streaming Sector with a Steem Smart Media Token October 25, 2017
- @dunsky: What is NSFW? January 11, 2018
- @dporn: Dporn TRIBE Is Now Launched July 27, 2019
- SpankChain blog on Medium : SpankChain Launches SpankPay — A Crypto Payment Solution — with its First Two Partners! Written by staff in 7/31/2019
- The Daily HODL : Pornhub Loves Crypto, Will Accept Tron (TRX) and ZenCash (ZEN) Written by staff in 6/27/2018
- The Verge : Pornhub starts accepting cryptocurrency Written by Shannon Liao in 4/17/2018
- Forklog : How Bitcoin and Blockchain Change Adult Industry Written by unsigned in 12/10/2016
- Business Insider : PORN: The Hidden Engine That Drives Innovation In Tech Written by Ross Benes in 7/5/2013
In other languages
| Help keep this wiki page updated. Register, click in edit, add or modify the text and save. |
If you're already a steemian you can be rewarded with steem, see how in @steemcenterwiki.