Markdown Editors are a tools for editing posts offline, using the Markdown language, a popular lightweight markup language. All posts on Steemit.com can be created in an external markdown editor and then directly copied and pasted into the submit post field on Steemit.com at the time of posting.
Reasons to use a Markdown Editor
Markdown Editors are helpful in avoiding the loss of articles due to a failure of the browser to retain the document created. They also enable the composition of an article offline.
List of Markdown Editors
- Remarkableapp https://remarkableapp.github.io/ (Linux only)
- StackEdit https://stackedit.io (Browser based/ Cross Platform (all operating systems))
- MarkDownPad2 http://markdownpad.com/ (Windows OS)
- Typora https://typora.io/ (Multi-platforms)
- Github can be used to draft blog posts. Visit the Github wiki page for instructions.
- @stranger27 : Best markdown editors you'd like to use for your posts!, September, 2016
- @inertia : Draft your blog posts on github, May, 2017
In other languages
| Help keep this wiki page updated. Register, click in edit, add or modify the text and save. |
If you're already a steemian you can be rewarded with STEEM, see how in @steemcenterwiki.