Mangosteem is a Steem powered chat website where steemians can earn STEEM Tokens. The Alpha version of Mangosteem was announced by Brian (@mynameisbrian) in August 31st, 2017. It can be accessed by visiting http://alpha.mangosteem.chat. The site uses Steem Connect (http://steemconnect.com) authentication to register new users.
The public web chat application is powered entirely by the Steem blockchain - no private servers and/or databases are involved. Mangosteem chat channels are hosted by Steem accounts dedicated solely to serving as the channel chat archive. Each message posted to a channel is saved as a comment on the host account. Anyone can host a channel, but the process is not automated yet.
Currently, Mangosteem offers ten channels where users can chat. These channels are:
On September 2nd, Mangosteem founder posted a tutorial about how to create channels in the website.
- Introducing Mangosteem - Steem Powered Web Chat Written by Brain (@mynameisbrian) on Steemit in August 31st, 2017
- Mangosteem - Let's get some channels going Written by Brain (@mynameisbrian) on Steemit in September 2nd, 2017
- Mangosteem Chat : http://alpha.mangosteem.chat
- @flauwy : Steemy, the Daily Steemit Show - EP. 09: Steem Apps - Mangosteem Chat (DTube) August 31st, 2017
- @steemupvote : # What is Mangosteem? September 1st, 2017
- @xervantes : Gaming Channel Live on Mangosteem September 1st, 2017
- Coin Puppet YouTube Channel : New Steem Apps: Mangosteem Chat Video tutorial by @flauwy published in 8/31/2017. 35 views in 9/8/2017
- Tech Crunch : Mark Cuban behind new blockchain messaging platform Written by Katie Roof and published in 8/28/2017
- Startup Management : Public Blockchains: The Community vs. The Ecosystem Written by Willian Mougayar (@wmougayar), author of The Business Blockchain and Steem advisor, published in 7/31/2016
- The Cointelegraph : Powered by Blockchain, New Decentralized Messenger to Save Data, Battery and Time Written by Andrew Marshall and published in 7/5/2016
- Coinbuzz : New secure chat client, XChat, is based on Bitcoin blockchain technology Written by Taylor Tyler and published in 8/10/2014
In other languages
| Help keep this wiki page updated. Register, click in edit, add or modify the text and save. |
If you're already a steemian you can be rewarded with STEEM, see how in @steemcenterwiki.