How to use STEEM
STEEM can turned be into STEEM Power (SP) by powering up in your steemit wallet or cli_wallet. It can also be turned into Steem Dollars (SBD) by using the market option in the steemit wallet. In order to do so, the Steemian must click on the STEEM amount.
STEEM and Steem Dollars can be transfered to other user accounts. This enables you to send funds to friends, donate to causes or pay for goods.
They can also be sent to cryptocurrency exchanges such as Bittrex or Poloniex (Bittrex.com; Poloniex.com) and then exchanged into Bitcoin (BTC). Once exchanged into Bitcoin, it can be further exchanged for other cryptocurrencies or fiat currencies, such as USD, GBP, EUR, CNY, and RUB.
Turning STEEM into STEEM Power (powering up)
STEEM Power is locked (Vest) as STEEM Power until you power down. Power down takes 3 months and is released back to you in the form of STEEM. It is released in 13 week increments.
To turn your STEEM into STEEM Power using your Steemit wallet : Go to Wallet. Click on your STEEM amount and select 'Power up'. Enter the amount you want to power up and click 'Power Up'.
Send/transfer STEEM or Steem Dollars
Click on your STEEM or Steem Dollars amount (right hand side of page)then in the box select 'transfer'
In the 'to' field enter the name of the recipient. You can also add a message in the memo field.
If you are transfering to an exchange, e.g. Bittrex, you would enter bittrex in the 'to' field. You would also enter a memo given to you on the Bittrex site. This memo serves as a unique identifier for your Bittrex wallet.
When you have entered the details click submit.
If you then scroll down the wallet page you will see details of the transaction you just made in your wallet history.
STEEM and Steem Dollars Exchanges
- Bittrex - Online cryptocurrency exchange
- Poloniex - Online cryptocurrency exchange
- See more on Steem Exchanges
Merchants accepting STEEM or Steem Dollars
- Steemit : https://steemit.com
- Steem.io : https://steem.io
- SteemHelp : https://steemit.com/trending/hive-111390 Retrieved in February 20, 2020
- Steemit Help : https://www.steemithelp.net Retrieved in January 9, 2017. Not active in February 20, 2020.
- @thecryptofiend : The Missing FAQ - A Beginners Guide To Using Steemit. September 2016
- @cryplectibles : Tutorial: How to Buy with Steem on OpenBazaar. December 2016
- @sykochica : Answering Common Questions: How do I spend money from my Steemit wallet?, June 12, 2017
- @pcste : Turn your steem or SteemDollars (SBD) into Cash, most countries covered September 2017
- @davidpakman : How-To/Walkthrough/Tutorial: Turn Steemit Rewards into "real money" February 24, 2018
- Increase your Steem Net Worth
- Steem Exchanges
- STEEM Tokens
- Steem Ecosystem
- Steem Wallets
- [[Earn Steem]]
- More Liberty Now : Everything you Need to Get Started Fast with Steemit, Social Media that Pays Written by George Donnelly (@georgedonnelly, published in 8/23/2016
In other languages
- 繁體中文 (Chinese, Traditional) : STEEM使用方法
- 简体中文 (Chinese, Simplified) : STEEM使用方法(简)
- 日本語 (Japanese): STEEMの使い方
| Help keep this wiki page updated. Register, click in edit, add or modify the text and save. |
If you're already a steemian you can be rewarded with steem, see how in @steemcenterwiki.