Decentralized Autonomous Organization (DAO)
A decentralized autonomous organization (DAO) is an organization that is governed by rules encoded as computer programs called smart contracts maintained on a blockchain. It eliminates the need for documents and people in governing.
Some DAOs have already been launched on the Ethereum platform. In particular, “The DAO” is the name of a DAO launched by the team behind Slock.it startup and failed due to a smart contract attack.
- DAOtalk : https://daotalk.org Retrieved in 5/24/2019
- Wetonomy : http://wetonomy.com Work with each other not for another. Retrieved in 2/28/2019
- @coster : https://steemit.com/@coster RocketICO. The world's first online startup accelerator based on the principles of Decentralized Autonomous Organization. Joined November 2017, last updated in 11/15/2017
- @dakotakaiser : The Earth Nation Planetary Alliance of Decentralized Autonomous Organizations Revolutionizing Governance and Resource Distribution on Planet Earth. (News + Video) November 11, 2017
- @steemitblog : Engineering Update: DDoS, Wallet, SteemDAO March 14, 2019
- Wikipedia : Decentralized autonomous organization Retrieved in 2/28/2019
- Coinmonks' Blog on Medium : A For-Profit DAO model Written by Jonathan Tompkins, published in 2/6/2020
- Anatha's Blog on Medium : Decentralization & the Post-Corporate World: The Path to True Change Written by Daniel Coffeen, published in 10/8/2019
- Forbes : The Growing Trend in Workspaces: Distributed Remote Teams Written by Natalia Karayaneva, published in 5/23/2019
- Coindesk : What is a DAO? Written by Alyssa Hertig, retrieved in 2/28/2019
- Amentum Medium Blog : The Year of the DAO Comeback Written by Steven McKie, published in 3/23/2019
- Qiao Wang's Blog on Medium : Cryptonetworks and the Theory of the Firm Written by Qiao Wang, published in 10/4/2018
- Public Market Medium Blog : The Future Of Network Effects: Tokenization and the End of Extraction Written by KJ Erickson, published in 7/17/2018
- Coinfox : Why Steemit did not become The DAO 2 Written by Diana Bogdan, published in 7/23/2016
- Triple C : The Real World of the Decentralized Autonomous Society Written by J.Z. Garrod, published in 2/17/2016
| Help keep this wiki page updated. Register, click in , add or modify the text and save. |
If you're already a steemian you can be rewarded with STEEM, see how in Steem.center:STEEM Rewards.