Difference between revisions of "Ad Free"
|Line 56:||Line 56:|
==In other languages==
==In other languages==
* [[日本語]] : [[アドフリー]]
* [[日本語]] : [[アドフリー]]
Revision as of 14:22, 21 July 2018
Steemit is a social networking site which provides ad free high quality content created and voted on by users.
The attraction for new users are three fold:
- the ability to find interesting high quality curated ad free content
- a decentralized social media platform which is resistant to censorship and
- the ability for content creators and users who curate content to earn money
Steemit's unique feature lies in its ability to lets users generate revenue/make money by writing quality articles which are then shared, commented on and curated by Steemit users for quality. Most notably, Steemit provides an innovative way for the platform to share revenue with its users. Steemit built the platform on their own blockchain to allow users to be rewarded in Steem Dollars and Steem Power for voting and creating ad free content. Users are paid in Steemit dollars which you can then convert into real dollars.
Steemit can be viewed without an account or if new users want to start being rewarded for creating and commenting on content, sign up. It was designed for content creators who have interesting work they want to share and be rewarded and readers who want an ad-free experience and just as importantly to reward people who contribute to curating quality content/articles.
How does Steemit make money if contents are all ad free?
In place of ads, Steemit main sources of revenue come from:
1) Revenue from mining and trading of Steem digital currency. Steemit platform is built on top of a new kind of digital currency called Steem. Daily new units of the Steem currency are created by the network and distributed to its users, who can exchange these digital currency units for real fiat money ("paper money made legal tender by a government decree" such as the USD). Steemit currency units aka Steem can be traded, bought, and sold on the open exchanges just like other digital currencies such as Bitcoin and Ether. View steem valuation on open market exchange
2) "Steem has two types of revenue wealth taxes (hidden as an inflation tax). It taxes liquid STEEM at approximately 50% per year, and it taxes Steem Power at a variable rate of less than 5% per year (these calculations ignore the STEEM supply change effects caused by Steem Dollar conversions at different prices than that which they were issued at.)"
3) Revenue from promoted content on Steemit, View promoted content on Steemit
- Steemit for Dummies (like me) - Everything you need to know in simple terms Written by @mindover on Steemit in July 13th, 2016.
- Where does the money come from? A look into the economics of Steem. Written by @arhag on Steemit in July 24th, 2017
- Steemit : https://steemit.com
- @generalspecific : Advertising on Steemit: a potential game-changer or certain doom? July 19, 2016
- @wagnertamanaha : The Terrifying Cost of "Free” Websites March 1, 2017
- @hellhen : A blockchain-based online advertising system? April 12, 2017
- @acidyo : Omg Steemers, look how much ad-revenue we are missing out! May 13, 2017
- @jacor : Should Steemit not get into the advertising industry? May 29, 2017
- @danizaharie : Are Advertisements Annoying and Intruding your Privacy? October 10, 2017
- @acidyo : Facebook, Reddit, Steem - surveillance, datamining, advertisers and privacy March 19, 2018
- Venture Beat : Facebook’s coming blockchain problem Written by Jeremy Epstein, published in 10/11/2017
- Business Insider : 'We have to change the flow of money': Marketing heavyweights are getting behind a new tech to clean up digital advertising Written by Mike Shields, published in 9/5/2017
- Advertising Age : What blockchain means for AdTech Written by Richard Bush, published in 9/5/2017
- Basic Attention Token : Announcing a new Blockchain-Based Digital Advertising Platform Written by unsigned, published in 3/23/2017
- Art + Marketing Medium Blog : Looking beyond the advertising business model Written by Alex Meyer (@acmeyer), published in 1/15/2017
- Adbusters YouTube Channel : The product is you, by Adbusters Uncommercial video published in 11/7/2012
In other languages
| Help keep this wiki page updated. Register, click in edit, add or modify the text and save. |
If you're already a steemian you can be rewarded with STEEM, see how in @steemcenterwiki.