Steemit is self-described as a blockchain based social network where the users can earn rewards. The Blockchain is the computer based distributed and public ledger technology which has Bitcoin as the most known application. Steemit is also viewed as a blogging platform with social media features. The registered users, that called themselves Steemians, can make posts which visitors can vote and comment on. Votes grant rewards to posts in the form of Steem, Steem Power and Steem Backed Dollars (SBD).
Created by Dan Larimer, founder of Bitshares, and Ned Scott, a former financial analyst, Steemit started in a restricted alpha version on March, 24th, 2016. Then was officialy launched on July, 4th, 2016. It grew in popularity since, gaining critical mass, having an article written on Coindesk (see the media coverage in the page In the news and references bellow, and with many online celebrities such as Jackson Palmer (Dogecoin Creator), The Corbett Report, and the Dollar Vigilante using it.
On January, 10th, 2017, Steemit had more than 125k registered users with 4,4k being active in the last 24 hours. In June 16th, the mark of 200.000 registered users was reached.
- Steemit : https://steemit.com
- Steem.io : https://steem.io
- @steemitblog : https://steemit.com/@steemitblog
- Steemit Help : https://www.steemithelp.net Retrieved in January 9, 2017
- Ned Scott Videos : Every Video of Ned Scott
- @thecryptofiend : The Missing FAQ - A Beginners Guide To Using Steemit. September 2016
- @elyaque : Daily Steem Report. January 10th, 2017
- @stephenkendal : STEEMIT: Number of Steemit Accounts created on a Daily basis. April 2nd, 2017
- @sykochica : Answering Common Questions: What's the Difference between Steemit and the Steem Blockchain? June 3rd 2017
- @elyaque : The 200.000th user just signed up right now here on Steemit :) June 16th, 2017
- Dan Larimer
- In the News
- Increase your Steem Net Worth
- Steem Ecosystem
- Steem Gnome
- Steem Tokens
- Craig Grant : Dan Larimer talks about STEEM blockchain and Steemit Edition of the video interview with Dan Larimer hosted by Alex Sterk. Edited (only parts about Steemit) by Craig Grant (@craig-grant) and published in 5/18/2017
- CoinDesk : Steemit Bridges Blockchain and Social Media, But How Does It Work? Written by Jacob Donnelly (@jaycodon), published in 8/13/2016
| Help keep this wiki page updated. Register, click in edit, add or modify the text and save. |
If you're already a steemian you can be rewarded with steem, see how in @steemcenterwiki.