Founded by Dan Notestein in 2015 Blocktrades is a market making website where you can purchase various cryptocurrencies for one contract development work on the Bitshares blockchain and the upcoming Peerplays blockchain, and for technical support of OpenLedger's deposit/withdrawal gateways. The website intends to enables users to rapidly and safely purchase cryptocurrencies without the hassles typically associated with purchasing through a centralized cryptocurrency exchange. Unlike a traditional exchange, customers don't need to maintain a balance on the site.
As an over-the-counter (OTC) market, Blocktrades differs from an exchange market, the one other of the two basic ways of organizing financial markets. In an OTC market, dealers act as market makers by quoting prices at which they will buy and sell a security or currency. A trade can be executed between two participants in an OTC market without others being aware of the price at which the transaction was effected. In general, OTC markets are therefore less transparent than exchanges and are also subject to fewer regulations.
The Blocktrades website is owned by BlockTrades International Ltd. that is a registered company in the Cayman Islands.
- BlockTrades adds support for directly buying/selling STEEM Written by Dan Notestein on Bitsharestalk.org in 5/2/2016
- Blocktrades : https://blocktrades.us
- @blocktrades : https://steemit.com/@blocktrades
- Steemit Help : Buying and selling STEEM with Blocktrades, Retrieved in July 3rd July 2016
- @blocktrades : BlockTrades adds support for directly buying/selling STEEM, July 2016
- @billbutler : Buying STEEM with Bitcoin through BlockTrades.us, July 2016
- @blocktrades : BlockTrades adds new OPEN.USD <-> Steem/Steem Dollars purchase paths, September 2016
- @thecryptofiend : How to Use Blocktrades - the Fastest and Easiest Way to Buy and Sell STEEM/SD (and My Review of the Experience, December 2016
- @profitgenerator : Review of Blocktrades.us, January 2017
- @steemitguide : Buying Steem, the Up's & Down's Comparison to purchasing Steem from various Markets; Centralized & Decentralized Exchanges, Peer-to-Peer & via Third-party Services, February 10th, 2017
- @jerrybanfield : Fast Steem + SBD Exchanges with Bitcoin, Ethereum, and Litecoin on Blocktrades! July 3rd, 2017
- @rondonson : Vlog: Using Bitpay card... Take your money from Steem to cash in one hour! July 11th, 2017
- @webcoop : Cashing Out Your Rewards From steemit.com December 2nd, 2017
- @blocktrades : BlockTrades simplifies buying from your Steem account January 10th, 2018
- @blocktrades : BlockTrades beginning development of Steem Proposal System February 7th, 2019
- @blocktrades : BlockTrades' Steem wallet is temporarily disabled March 4th, 2020
- Investopedia : Over-the-Counter (OTC) Market Retrieved in 7/3/2017
- Financial Underground Kingdon - Cryptocurrency Blog : Exclusive interview with Dan Notestein of Blocktrades Published by @kingscrown in 7/1/2016
In other languages
| Help keep this wiki page updated. Register, click in edit, add or modify the text and save. |
If you're already a steemian you can be rewarded with steem, see how in @steemcenterwiki.