Steemit, Inc is a privately held company based in New York City and a head quarter in Virginia founded by Ned Scott and Dan Larimer in 2016. In July, 4th, 2016, the company officially launched Steemit, a social media with virtual currency rewards that runs over the Steem blockchain.
Member of Agentic Group, a global consortium of blockchain and digital currency, the company claims not to have pre-mined STEEM Tokens reinforcing that all mining took place after the coin was officially and publicly announced on Bitcointalk forum.
The Steemit, Inc. controlled primary account, @steemit, had approximately 41% of the platform’s Steem Power in January, 2017, and would be gradually divested of its holdings in an effort to increase promotion and development of the platform while dispersing voting power. As a CEO, [Ned Scott] indicated to Forbes magazine that this will be done in a “gradual multi-year divestment”.
The company made public a 2017 Roadmap with the year's strategy. In March 15th, 2017 Dan resigned as a head of technology and a marketing team was announced with Mitchel Loureiro (@zuvarnic) and @andrachy.
Some of the advisor board members are Frank Rimalovski, Andrew Haines and William Mougayar (@wmougayar). Some members of the staff are @cass, Jeffrey Paul (@sneak), James Calfee (@jamesc) and Valentine Zavgorodnev (@val-a).
- Equibit Development Corporation joins Agentic Group blockchain consortium Written by unsigned on Econotimes, published in May 10th, 2017
- Fintech Steemit Migrating Servers To Amazon Unveils Ambitious Blockchain Roadmap Written by Roger Aitken on Forbes, published in January 17th, 2017
- Today I submitted my Resignation to Steemit, inc Written by Dan Larimer on Steemit in March 15th, 2017
- Happy Birthday Steem! (SURPRISE INSIDE). Written by Ned Scott on Steemit in March 24th, 2017
- Jeffrey Paul, cryptocurrency expert is now on Steemit!. Written by Jeffrey Paul (@sneak) on Steemit in August 2016
- Steemit, inc. employees reap 27.46% of curation reward pool rewards on 2/10!! WHAT?!?! Written by @berniesanders on Steemit in February, 2017
- Steemit : https://steemit.com
- Steem.io : https://steem.io
- Angel.co :https://angel.co/steemit
- Linkedin :https://www.linkedin.com/company/steemit
- @steemit : https://steemit.com/@steemit
- @steemitblog : https://steemit.com/@steemitblog
- @recursive : SteemIt Inc funding: open market token sale VS private equity (crowd)funding November 2016
- @timcliff : No. You do not own Steemit, Inc. December 2016
- @steemitblog : Steemit 2017 Roadmap. February 2017
- @nanzo-scoop : Making sense of STEEM, Steemit and Steemit Inc March 2017
- @stellabelle : Deleted post of censored video of Dan Larimer and theoretical on Steemit, Inc HQ from 2016 May 2017
- @penguinpablo : PSA: Steemit Inc. transfered 5,000,000 Steem Power to @misterdelegation yesterday September 25, 2017
- @liberosist : How should Steemit Inc decentralize their stake? February 4, 2018
- @steemitblog : Steemit Winter Update: 2017 reflection, our Vision Statement and Mission, and a look forward February 20, 2018
- Investorideas.com : Datawallet Partners with Indorse and Steemit, Allows Users to Earn Profit for Sharing Data Written by unsigner, published in 1/4/2018
- Paymentweek : Steemit Announces New VP Of Marketing Written by Mike Dautner, published in 4/5/2017
- Forbes : Fintech Steemit Migrating Servers To Amazon Unveils Ambitious Blockchain Roadmap Written by Roger Aitken, published in 1/17/2017
In other languages
| Help keep this wiki page updated. Register, click in edit, add or modify the text and save. |
If you're already a steemian you can be rewarded with steem, see how in @steemcenterwiki.